Bullous pemphigoid (BP) and cicatricial pemphigoid (CP) are autoimmune subepidermal blistering diseases, whose pathogenesis is related to an Ag/Ab system targeting the basement membrane zone (BMZ) level, together with a cellular response evoked by autoreactive T helper lymphocytes [
- Hertl M.
Humoral and cellular autoimmunity in autoimmune bullous skin disorders.
Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2000; 122: 91-100
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Dermatological Science
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Humoral and cellular autoimmunity in autoimmune bullous skin disorders.Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2000; 122: 91-100
- Th2-like and fibrogenic cytokine expression in cicatricial pemphigoid.Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 1997; 10: 99-102
- Cicatricial pemphigoid.Dermatol Clin. 1993; 11: 499-510
- Conjunctival fibrosis in ocular cicatricial pemphigoid: the role of cytokines.Exp Eye Res. 1997; 65: 165-176
- The conjunctiva in acute and chronic mucous membrane pemphigoid: an immunohistochemical analysis.Ophthalmology. 1993; 100: 339-346
- Cytokine profile and supposed contribution to scarring in cicatricial pemphigoid.J Oral Pathol Med. 2003; 32: 34-40
- IL-4, IL-5 TGF-beta1 and IFN-gamma mRNAs detected by a new amplification system in cicatricial pemphigoid.Exp Dermatol. 2002; 11: 421-427
- The inhibitory effects of transforming growth factor beta 1 (TGF-beta1) in autoimmune diseases.J Autoimmun. 2000; 14: 23-42
- Anti-IL-4 treatment prevents dermal collagen deposition in the tight-skin mouse model of scleroderma.Eur J Immunol. 1998; 28: 2619-2629
- Altered tissue expression pattern of cell adhesion molecules, ICAM-1, E-selectin and VCAM-1, in bullous pemphigoid during methotrexate therapy.Exp Dermatol. 2004; 13: 65-69
Received: October 1, 2004
© 2004 Japanese Society for Investigative Dermatology. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.