Various anti-allergic drugs are used for the treatment of atopic dermatitis. Although they share anti-histamic and anti-allergic actions with each other, individual drugs may exert different characteristic effects on immunocompetent cells and allergy-associated molecules.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Dermatological Science
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Chemokine IP-10 expression in cultured human keratinocytes.Arch Dermatol Res. 1998; 290: 335-341
- A Th2 chemokine, TARC, produced by keratinocytes may recruit CLA+CCR4+ lymphocytes into lesional atopic dermatitis skin.J Invest Dermatol. 2000; 115: 640-646
- Both IL-4 and IL-13 inhibit the TNF-α and IFN-γ enhanced MDC production in a human keratinocyte cell line, HaCaT cells.J Dermatol Sci. 2003; 31: 111-117
- Human IP-9: a keratinocyte-derived high affinity CXC-chemokine ligand for the IP-10/Mig receptor (CXCR3).J Invest Dermatol. 1999; 112: 716-722
- Lack of evidence for TARC/CCL17 production by normal human keratinocytes in vitro.J Dermatol Sci. 2003; 31: 37-42
- Superantigenic staphylococcal exotoxins induce T-cell proliferation in the presence of Langerhans cells or class II-bearing keratinocytes and stimulate keratinocytes to produce T-cell-activating cytokines.J Invest Dermatol. 1994; 102: 31-38
- Roxithromycin downmodulates Th2 chemokine production by keratinocytes and chemokine receptor expression on Th2 cells: its dual inhibitory effects on the ligands and the receptors.Cell Immunol. 2004; 228: 27-33
- Skin concentrations of H1-receptor antagonists.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2001; 107: 526-530
- Enhanced the TNF-alpha-induced expression of E-selectin and ICAM-1 on vascular endothelial cells.Cell Immunol. 1996; 171: 285-288
- Inhibitory activity of loratadine and descarboethoxyloratadine on expression of ICAM-1 and HLA-DR by nasal epithelial cells.Allergy. 1995; 50: 200-203
Received: September 29, 2004
© 2005 Japanese Society for Investigative Dermatology. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.