The immunomodulator, AS101, inhibits production of IL-10, IL-4 and expression of p38 MAPK, while increasing production of IFNγ and IL-2. Together with its excellent clinical safety profile in humans, suggests a potential therapeutic use for AD.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Dermatological Science
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Production of lymphocyte-derived cytokines by whole umbilical cord blood cultures stimulated with mitogens and allergens.Cytokines. 2003; 21: 74-83
- Severe atopic dermatitis is associated with a reduced frequency of IL-10 producing allergen-specific CD4+ T cells.Clin Exp Dermatol. 2006; 31: 689-694
- Induction of T “regulatory” cells by standardized house dust mite immunotherapy: an increase in CD4+ CD25+ interleukin-10+ T cells expressing peripheral tissue trafficking markers.Clin Exp Allergy. 2004; 34: 1209-1219
- Immune responses in healthy and allergic individuals are characterized by a fine balance between allergen-specific T regulatory 1 and T helper 2 cells.J Exp Med. 2004; 199: 1567-1575
- Improvement of dermatitis by iontophoretically delivered antisense oligonucleotides for interleukin-10 in NC̃Nga mice.Gene Therapy. 2004; 11: 317-324
- Inhibition of interleukin-10 by the immunomodulator AS101 reduces mesangial cell proliferation in experimental mesangioproliferative glomerulonephritis: association with dephosphorylation of STAT3.J Biol Chem. 2004; 4: 24724-24732
- Predominance of TH1 response in tumor-bearing mice and cancer patients treated with AS101.J Natl Cancer Inst. 1996; 88: 1276-1284
- Diagnostic features of atopic dermatitis.Acta Dermatol Venereol. 1980; 92: 44-47
- Thyphronitis G. IL-2 and IL-10 production by human CD4+ T cells is differentially regulated by p38: mode of stimulation-dependent regulation of IL-2.Neuroimmunomodulation. 2004; 11: 199-208
- Down regulation effects of IL-4 and IL-10 on the IFNγ response in Atopic dermatitis.J Immunol. 1995; 154: 6174-6181
Published online: July 12, 2010
Received: August 23, 2007
© 2008 Japanese Society for Investigative Dermatology. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.