Buschke–Fischer–Brauer's disease or the type I of punctate PPK (MIM 148600) is a rare hereditary skin disease that is usually inherited as an autosomal dominant trait and its incidence was reported as 1.17/100,000 inhabitants in Croatia [
- Stanimirovic A.
- Kansky A.
- Basta-Juzbasic A.
- Skerlev M.
- Beck T.
Hereditary palmoplantar keratoderma, type papulosa, in Croatia.
J Am Acad Dermatol. 1993; 29: 435-437
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Dermatological Science
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Hereditary palmoplantar keratoderma, type papulosa, in Croatia.J Am Acad Dermatol. 1993; 29: 435-437
- Punctate palmoplantar keratoderma and malignancy in a four-generation family.Br J Dermatol. 1996; 134: 720-726
- Identification of a locus for type I punctate palmoplantar keratoderma on chromosome 15q22–q24.J Med Genet. 2003; 40: 872-878
- Identification of a locus for punctate palmoplantar keratodermas at chromosome 8q24.13–8q24.21.J Invest Dermatol. 2004; 122: 1121-1125
- Refined localization of a punctate palmoplantar keratoderma gene to a 5.06-cM region at 15q22.2–15q22.31.Br J Dermatol. 2005; 152: 874-878
- 47 patients in 14 families with the rare genodermatosis keratosis punctata palmoplantaris Buschke–Fischer–Brauer.Eur J Dermatol. 2003; 13: 16-20
- Punctate palmoplantar keratoderma (Buschke–Fischer–Brauer disease) with psoriasis: a rare association showing excellent response to acitretin.J Drugs Dermatol. 2005; 4: 627-634
- Type I hereditary punctate keratoderma associated with widespread lentigo simplex and successfully treated with low-dose oral acitretin.Arch Dermatol. 2006; 142: 1076-1077
- A novel missense mutation in the gene encoding SLURP-1 in patients with Mal de Meleda from northern Tunisia.Br J Dermatol. 2003; 149: 1108-1115
Published online: July 12, 2010
© 2008 Japanese Society for Investigative Dermatology. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.