Photodynamic therapy (PDT) is a new therapeutic modality for a variety of skin neoplasms, and that using 5-aminolevulinic acid (ALA) has been approved for the treatment of the actinic keratosis in the US [
- Kurwa H.A.
- Barlow R.J.
The role of photodynamic therapy in dermatology.
Clin Exp Dermatol. 1999; 24: 143-148
- Morton C.A.
- Brown S.B.
- Collins S.
- Ibbotson S.
- Jenkinson H.
- Kurwa H.
- et al.
Guideline for topical photodynamic therapy: report of a workshop of the British Photodermatology Group.
Br J Dermatol. 2002; 143: 552-567
- Ormrod D.
- Javis B.
Topical aminolevulinic acid HCl photodynamic therapy.
Am J Clin Dermatol. 2000; 1: 133-139
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Dermatological Science
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- The role of photodynamic therapy in dermatology.Clin Exp Dermatol. 1999; 24: 143-148
- Guideline for topical photodynamic therapy: report of a workshop of the British Photodermatology Group.Br J Dermatol. 2002; 143: 552-567
- Topical aminolevulinic acid HCl photodynamic therapy.Am J Clin Dermatol. 2000; 1: 133-139
- Fluorescent diagnosis of experimental gastric cancer using a tumor-localizing photosensitizer.Cancer Lett. 1997; 111: 215-220
- Therapeutic effect of interstitial photodynamic therapy using ATX-S10(Na) and a diode laser on radio-resistant SCC II tumors of C3H/He mice.Anticancer Drugs. 1998; 9: 539-543
- A novel ATX-S10(Na) photodynamic therapy for human skin tumors and benign hyperproliferative skin.Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed. 2004; 20: 257-265
- Photodynamic therapy using a novel photosensitizer, ATX-S10(Na): comparative effect with 5-aminolevulinic acid on squamous cell carcinoma cell line, SCC15, ultraviolet B-induced skin tumors, and phorbol ester-induced hyperproliferative skin.Arch Dermatol Res. 2005; 296: 496-502
- Topical photodynamic therapy with endogenous porphyrin after application of 5-aminolevulinic acid: an alternative treatment modality for solar keratosis, superficial squamous cell carcinoma, and basal cell carcinoma?.J Am Acad Dermatol. 1993; 28: 17-21
- Photodynamic therapy of epithelial skin tumors using delta-aminolevulinic acid and desferrioxamine.Br J Dermatol. 1995; 133: 282-288
- Repetitive photodynamic therapy with topical d-aminolevulinic acid as an appropriate approach to the routine treatment of superficial non-melanoma skin tumors.J Photochem Photobiol B. 1995; 29: 53-57
Published online: July 12, 2010
Received: December 16, 2008
© 2009 Japanese Society for Investigative Dermatology. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.