Recently, several new members of the polyomaviridae family have been identified [
- Feng H.
- Shuda M.
- Chang Y.
- Moore P.S.
Clonal integration of a polyomavirus in human Merkel cell carcinoma.
Science. 2008; 319: 1096-1100
- Sauvage V.
- Foulongne V.
- Cheval J.
- Ar Gouilh M.
- Pariente K.
- Dereure O.
- et al.
Human polyomavirus related to African green monkey lymphotropic polyomavirus.
Emerg Infect Dis. 2011; 17: 1364-1370
- Schowalter R.M.
- Pastrana D.V.
- Pumphrey K.A.
- Moyer A.L.
- Buck C.B.
Merkel cell polyomavirus and two previously unknown polyomaviruses are chronically shed from human skin.
Cell Host Microbe. 2010; 7: 509-515
4] in human skin samples from immunocompromised or healthy individuals and in skin malignancies, including Merkel cell Carcinoma polyomavirus (MCPyV), human polyomaviruses 6 (HPyV6), 7 (HPyV7) and 9 (HPyV9), and the Trichodysplasia spinulosa-associated polyomavirus (TSPyV).
- van der Meijden E.
- Janssens R.W.
- Lauber C.
- Bouwes Bavinck J.N.
- Gorbalenya A.E.
- Feltkamp M.C.
Discovery of a new human polyomavirus associated with trichodysplasia spinulosa in an immunocompromized patient.
PLoS Pathog. 2010; 6: e1001024
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Dermatological Science
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Clonal integration of a polyomavirus in human Merkel cell carcinoma.Science. 2008; 319: 1096-1100
- Human polyomavirus related to African green monkey lymphotropic polyomavirus.Emerg Infect Dis. 2011; 17: 1364-1370
- Merkel cell polyomavirus and two previously unknown polyomaviruses are chronically shed from human skin.Cell Host Microbe. 2010; 7: 509-515
- Discovery of a new human polyomavirus associated with trichodysplasia spinulosa in an immunocompromized patient.PLoS Pathog. 2010; 6: e1001024
- Infectious agents in cutaneous T-cell lymphoma.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2011; 64: 423-431
- Lymphotropism of Merkel cell polyomavirus infection, Nova Scotia, Canada.Emerg Infect Dis. 2010; 16: 1702-1709
- Development of a quantitative assay for SARS coronavirus and correlation of GAPDH mRNA with SARS coronavirus in clinical specimens.J Clin Pathol. 2005; 58: 276-280
- Evaluation of 4 recently discovered human polyomaviruses in primary cutaneous B-cell and T-cell lymphoma.Arch Dermatol. 2011; 147: 1449-1451
- No evidence for association of HPyV6 or HPyV7 with different skin cancers.J Invest Dermatol. 2012; 132: 239-241
- Prevalence of Merkel cell polyomavirus DNA in cutaneous lymphomas, pseudolymphomas, and inflammatory skin diseases.Am J Dermatopathol. 2010; 32: 593-598
- Human Merkel cell polyomavirus infection I. MCV T antigen expression in Merkel cell carcinoma, lymphoid tissues and lymphoid tumors.Int J Cancer. 2009; 125: 1243-1249
- Genetic variability and integration of Merkel cell polyomavirus in Merkel cell carcinoma.Virology. 2012; 426: 134-142
Published online: May 02, 2013
Received: August 22, 2012
© 2013 Japanese Society for Investigative Dermatology. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.