- •Accurate modeling of artificial visible light emitted by electronic devices.
- •Strong transcriptome response in dermal fibroblasts.
- •Fragmented mitochondrial network in dermal fibroblasts.
- •Disorganized actin cytoskeleton in dermal fibroblasts.
- •Artificial visible light is an additional source of harmful environmental stress.
- Solar ultraviolet radiation at the earth's surface.Photochem. Photobiol. 1989; 50: 443-450
- Melanin formation in human skin induced by long-wave ultra-violet and visible light.Nature. 1962; 193: 148-150
- Free radicals induced by sunlight in different spectral regions – in vivo versus ex vivo study.Exp. Dermatol. 2016; 25: 380-385
- The missing link–light-induced (280–1,600 nm) free radical formation in human skin.Skin Pharmacol. Physiol. 2009; 22: 31-44
- Oxidative DNA damage induced by visible light in mammalian cells: extent, inhibition by antioxidants and genotoxic effects.Mutat. Res. 1998; 408: 137-146
- Visible light (395 nm) causes micronuclei formation in mammalian cells without generation of cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers.Mutat. Res. 2005; 572: 142-149
- Short wavelength visible light suppresses innate immunity-Related responses by modulating protein S-nitrosylation in keratinocytes.J. Invest. Dermatol. 2016; 136: 727-731
- Irradiation of skin with visible light induces reactive oxygen species and matrix-degrading enzymes.J. Invest. Dermatol. 2012; 132: 1901-1907
- Clinical efficacy of blue light full body irradiation as treatment option for severe atopic dermatitis.PLoS One. 2011; 6: e20566
- Effects of blue light irradiation on human dermal fibroblasts.J. Photochem. Photobiol. B. 2011; 103: 118-125
- Blue-light irradiation regulates proliferation and differentiation in human skin cells.J. Invest. Dermatol. 2010; 130: 259-269
- Light-emitting diodes downregulate cathelicidin, kallikrein and toll-like receptor 2 expressions in keratinocytes and rosacea-like mouse skin.Exp. Dermatol. 2016; 25: 956-961
- Effect of LED phototherapy of three distinct wavelengths on fibroblasts on wound healing: a histological study in a rodent model.Photomed. Laser Surg. 2010; 28: 547-552
- Green light emitting diodes accelerate wound healing: characterization of the effect and its molecular basis in vitro and in vivo.Wound Repair Regen. 2012; 20: 226-235
- An ultra-sensitive biophysical risk assessment of light effect on skin cells.Oncotarget. 2017; 8: 47861-47875
- Biostimulation of wound healing by low-energy laser irradiation. A review.J. Clin. Periodontol. 1996; 23: 492-496
- Low-intensity laser therapy: a review.J. Invest. Med. 2000; 48: 312-326
- Increased fibroblast proliferation induced by light emitting diode and low power laser irradiation.Lasers Med. Sci. 2003; 18: 95-99
- Green light emitting diode irradiation enhances fibroblast growth impaired by high glucose level.Photomed. Laser Surg. 2005; 23: 167-171
- Photobiological modulation of cell attachment via cytochrome c oxidase.Photochem. Photobiol. Sci. 2004; 3: 211-216
- cDNA microarray analysis of gene expression profiles in human fibroblast cells irradiated with red light.J. Invest. Dermatol. 2003; 120: 849-857
- Evaluation of light-emitting diodes (LED) effect on skin biology (in vitro study).Skin Res.Technol. 2015; 21: 426-436
- Blue light-induced oxidative stress in live skin.Free Radic. Biol. Med. 2017; 108: 300-310
PlanoEye Associates, Blue Light/High-Energy Visible (HEV) Light and Your Eyes, https://www.planoeye.com/your-eye-health/computer-eyestrain/blue-lighthigh-energy-visible-hev-light-and-your-eyes/.
BlueLightExposed, #bluelightexposed, http://www.bluelightexposed.com/#bluelightexposed.
The Vision Council, Digiteyezed: The Daily Impact of Digital Screens on the Eye Health of Americans. The Vision Council Reports on Digital Eye Strain, 2012 & 2013.
- Analyzing real-time PCR data by the comparative C(T) method.Nat. Protoc. 2008; 3: 1101-1108
- Mitochondrial morphology and dynamics in yeast and multicellular eukaryotes.Annu. Rev. Genet. 2005; 39: 503-536
- Age-associated reduction of cell spreading induces mitochondrial DNA common deletion by oxidative stress in human skin dermal fibroblasts: implication for human skin connective tissue aging.J. Biomed. Sci. 2015; 22: 62
- Infrared A radiation influences the skin fibroblast transcriptome: mechanisms and consequences.J. Invest. Dermatol. 2010; 130: 1524-1536
- Distinctive molecular responses to ultraviolet radiation between keratinocytes and melanocytes.Exp. Dermatol. 2016; 25: 708-713
- Gene profiling characteristics of radioadaptive response in AG01522 normal human fibroblasts.PLoS One. 2015; 10: e0123316
- Genome-wide microarray analysis of human fibroblasts in response to γ radiation and the radiation-induced bystander effect.Radiat. Res. 2012; 177: 35-43
- Transcriptome alterations In X-irradiated human gingiva fibroblasts.Health Phys. 2016; 111: 75-84
- A method to assess the protective efficacy of sunscreens against visible light-induced pigmentation.Photodermatol. Photoimmunol. Photomed. 2017; 33: 260-266
- Synergistic effects of long wavelength ultraviolet A1 and visible light on pigmentation and erythema.Br. J. Dermatol. 2017; ([Epub ahead of print])https://doi.org/10.1111/bjd.15940
- Mechanical properties of cytoskeletal polymers.Curr. Opin. Cell Biol. 1991; 3: 4-11
- Drug-induced changes of cytoskeletal structure and mechanics in fibroblasts: an atomic force microscopy study.Biophys. J. 2000; 78: 520-535
- Measurement of mechanical forces generated by skin fibroblasts embedded in a three-dimensional collagen gel.J. Invest. Dermatol. 1991; 97: 898-902
- Studying actin-dependent processes in tissue culture.Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 2002; 3: 137-141
- Dynamic assessment of cell-matrix mechanical interactions in three-dimensional culture.Methods Mol. Biol. (Clifton, N.J.). 2007; 370: 67-82
- Stiffening of human skin fibroblasts with age.Biophys. J. 2010; 99: 2434-2442
- Dynamin-related protein Drp1 is required for Bax translocation to mitochondria in response to irradiation-induced apoptosis.Oncotarget. 2015; 6: 22598-22612
- Fis1, and MiD51 are coordinated to mediate mitochondrial fission during UV irradiation-induced apoptosis.FASEB J. 2016; 30: 466-476
- Helium-neon laser irradiation stimulates cell proliferation through photostimulatory effects in mitochondria.J. Invest. Dermatol. 2007; 127: 2048-2057
- Time-dependent responses of wounded human skin fibroblasts following phototherapy.J. Photochem. Photobiol. B Biol. 2007; 88: 147-155
- Decline with age of the respiratory chain activity in human skeletal muscle.Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1994; 1226: 73-82
- Due to reverse electron transfer, mitochondrial H2O2 release increases with age in human vastus lateralis muscle although oxidative capacity is preserved.Mech. Ageing Dev. 2005; 126: 505-511
- Age-dependent decrease of mitochondrial complex II activity in human skin fibroblasts.J. Invest. Dermatol. 2016; 136: 912-919