- •There was no significant difference in skin microbial diversity between sensitive skin and non-sensitive skin group.
- •Staphylococcus is a common skin bacterium, second only to Propionibacterium in facial sensitive skin and non-sensitive skin.
- •The relative abundance of Staphylococcus decreased significantly in sensitive skin group.
- •The occurrence of sensitive skin is related to the significant decrease of Staphylococcus epidermidis.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Skin microbiome modulates the effect of ultraviolet radiation on cellular response and immune function.Science. 2019; 15: 211-222
- Commensal microbiota modulate gene expression in the skin.Microbiome. 2018; 6: 20
- Skin microbiota: microbial community structure and its potential association with health and disease.Infect. Genet. Evol. 2011; 11: 839-848
- The human skin microbiome.Nat. Rev. Microbiol. 2018; 16: 143-155
- A new discussion of the cutaneous vascular reactivity in sensitive skin: A sub-group of SS?.Skin Res. Technol. 2018; 24: 432-439
- Comparative study of normal and sensitive skin aerobic bacterial populations.Microbiologyopen. 2013; 2: 953-961
- Analysis of sensitive skin barrier function: basic indicators and sebum composition.Int. J. Cosmet. Sci. 2018; 40: 117-126
- Alterations in the skin microbiome are associated with disease severity and treatment in the perioral zone of the skin of infants with atopic dermatitis.Eur. J. Clin. Microbiol. Infect. Dis. 2019; 38: 1677-1685
- A fundamental investigation into aspects of the physiology and biochemistry of the stratum corneum in subjects with sensitive skin.Int. J. Cosmet. Sci. 2017; 39: 2-10
- Microbial guardians of skin health.Science. 2019; 363: 227-228