- •This manuscript extends the novel function of YH as the anti-melanogenic agents.
- •It is first to report YH could inhibit β-catenin nuclear accumulation and p38 phosphorylation.
- •YH downregulates MITF expression via regulating Wnt/β-catenin and p38/MAPK signal pathways.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Recent advances in understanding the molecular basis of melanogenesis in melanocytes.F1000Research. 2020; 9
- Intrinsic and extrinsic regulation of human skin melanogenesis and pigmentation.Int. J. Cosmet. Sci. 2018; 40: 328-347
- Autophagy has a significant role in determining skin color by regulating melanosome degradation in keratinocytes.J. Invest. Dermatol. 2013; 133: 2416-2424
- Melanosome degradation in epidermal keratinocytes related to lysosomal protease cathepsin V.Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 2018; 500: 339-343
- Curcumin inhibits melanogenesis in human melanocytes.Phytother. Res. 2012; 26: 174-179
- Fargesin inhibits melanin synthesis in murine malignant and immortalized melanocytes by regulating PKA/CREB and P38/MAPK signaling pathways.J. Dermatol. Sci. 2019; 94: 213-219
- Depigmentation and anti-aging treatment by natural molecules.Curr. Pharm. Des. 2019; 25: 2292-2312
- Yohimbine treatment of organic erectile dysfunction in a dose-escalation trial.Int. J. Impot. Res. 2002; 14: 25-31
- Yohimbine hydrochloride ameliorates collagen type‐II‐induced arthritis targeting oxidative stress and inflammatory cytokines in Wistar rats.Environ. Toxicol. 2017; 32: 619-629
- Effects of α-adrenoreceptor antagonists on apoptosis and proliferation of pancreatic cancer cells in vitro.World J. Gastroenterol.: WJG. 2008; 14: 2358
- Yohimbine improves lipid and carbohydrate profiles without reduction in body weight in obese leptin-deficient ob/ob mice.J. Pre-Clin. Clin. Res. 2018; 12
- Downregulation of tyrosinase activity in human melanocyte cell cultures by yohimbine.J. Invest. Dermatol. 2000; 115: 130-131
- A zebrafish embryo as an animal model for the treatment of hyperpigmentation in cosmetic dermatology medicine.Medicina. 2018; 54: 35
- Neurokinin-1 receptor is a novel positive regulator of Wnt/β-catenin signaling in melanogenesis.Oncotarget. 2016; 7: 81268
- Syntenin regulates melanogenesis via the p38 MAPK pathway.Mol. Med. Rep. 2020; 22: 733-738
- Plant-based skin lightening agents: A review.J. Phytopharm. 2020; 9: 54-60
- Sesamol decreases melanin biosynthesis in melanocyte cells and zebrafish: Possible involvement of MITF via the intracellular cAMP and p38/JNK signalling pathways.Exp. Dermatol. 2015; 24: 761-766
- Inhibition of human melanoma cell growth by the dietary flavonoid fisetin is associated with disruption of Wnt/β-catenin signaling and decreased Mitf levels.J. Invest. Dermatol. 2011; 131: 1291-1299
- Dexamethasone enhances the norepinephrine-induced ERK/MAPK intracellular pathway possibly via dysregulation of the α2-adrenergic receptor: Implications for antidepressant drug mechanism of action.Eur. J. Cell Biol. 2010; 89: 712-722
- PKA-GSK3β and β-catenin signaling play a critical role in trans-resveratrol mediated neuronal differentiation in human cord blood stem cells.Mol. Neurobiol. 2018; 55: 2828-2839
- p38 regulates pigmentation via proteasomal degradation of tyrosinase.J. Biol. Chem. 2010; 285: 7288-7299
- Microphthalmia transcription factor is a target of the p38 MAPK pathway in response to receptor activator of NF-κB ligand signaling.J. Biol. Chem. 2002; 277: 11077-11083