Abbreviations:ACTB (beta-actin), ATG5 (autophagy-related gene 5), AV (autophagic vacuole), CQ (chloroquine), HF (hair follicle), LC3B (microtubule-associated protein 1 light chain 3 beta), ORS (outer root sheath), PM (particulate matter), si-ATG5 (siRNA against ATG5), si-control (siRNA with scrambled oligonucleotides), siRNA (small interfering RNA), SQSTM1/p62 (sequestosome 1)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Estimates and 25-year trends of the global burden of disease attributable to ambient air pollution: an analysis of data from the global burden of diseases study 2015.Lancet. 2017; 389: 1907-1918
- Urban particulate matter in air pollution penetrates into the barrier-disrupted skin and produces ROS-dependent cutaneous inflammatory response in vivo.J. Dermatol. Sci. 2018; 91: 175-183
- Alopecia areata and particulate matter: a 5-year retrospective study in Korea.J. Eur. Acad. Dermatol. Venereol. 2020; 34: e751-e754
- Autophagy in the pathogenesis of disease.Cell. 2008; 132: 27-42
- Airborne particulate matter (PM2.5) triggers autophagy in human corneal epithelial cell line.Environ. Pollut. 2017; 227: 314-322
- The effects of autophagy on vascular endothelial cells induced by airborne PM2.5.J. Environ. Sci. (China). 2018; 66: 182-187
- Human hair follicle organ culture: theory, application and perspectives.Exp. Dermatol. 2015; 24: 903-911
- A comprehensive guide for the accurate classification of murine hair follicles in distinct hair cycle stages.J. Invest. Dermatol. 2001; 117: 3-15
- Stimulation of hair growth by small molecules that activate autophagy.Cell Rep. 2019; 27: 3413-3421 e3
- Autophagy is essential for maintaining the growth of a human (mini-)organ: evidence from scalp hair follicle organ culture.PLoS Biol. 2018; 16e2002864