- •We established the sweating disturbance/dry skin mouse model by HSV infection.
- •Hyperthermic stress enhanced sweating disturbance.
- •HSV-1 DNA was detected in sweat glands and dorsal root ganglia.
- •Increased anti-HSV-1 IgG prevented sweating disturbance.
- •Sweating disturbance could be due to HSV-induced dysfunction of sweat glands.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Comparative immunohistochemical study of herpes simplex and varicella-zoster infections.Virchows Arch. Pathol. Anat. Histopathol. 1993; 422: 121-126
- Syringitis: a clue to herpes infection.Dermatol. Online J. 2012; 18: 6
- Herpetic syringitis associated with eccrine squamous syringometaplasia in HIV-positive patients.J. Cutan. Pathol. 1997; 24: 425-428
- Angioplasmacellular hyperplasia—a new histopathologic clue for anogenital herpes simplex recidivans in immunocompromised patients?.Am. J. Dermtopathol. 2014; 36: 822-826
- Plaque type herpetic folliculitis involving the eccrine gland: immunohistochemical analysis.J. Dermatol. 2014; 41: 652-653
- Junctional adhesion molecule overexpression in Kaposi varicelliform eruption skin lesions - as a possible herpes virus entry site.North Am J Med. Sci. 2010; 2: 433-437
- Herpetic folliculitis and syringitis simulating acne excoriée.Arch. Dermatol. 2001; 137: 97-98
- A novel method to assess the potential role of sweating abnormalities in the pathogenesis of atopic dermatitis.Exp. Dermatol. 2018; 27: 386-392
- Development of lacrimal gland inflammation in the mouse model of herpes stromal keratitis.Exp. Eye Res. 2019; 184: 101-106
- Ocular glands become infected secondarily to infectious keratitis and play a role in corneal resistance to infection.J. Virol. 2019; 93
- Prurigo nodularis as a sweat gland/duct-related disorder: resolution associated with restoration of sweating disturbance.Arch. Dermatol. Res. 2019; 311: 555-562
- Allodynia and hyperalgesia induced by herpes simplex virus type-1 infection in mice.Pain. 2000; 86: 95-101
- Prolonged high-intensity exercise induces fluctuating immune responses to herpes simplex virus infection via glucocorticoids.J. Allergy Clin. Immun. 2021; 148 (1575-1588)e7
- Genital herpes evaluation by quantitative TaqMan PCR: correlating single detection and quantity of HSV-2 DNA in cervicovaginal lavage fluids with cross-sectional and longitudinal clinical data.Virol. J. 2010; 7: 328
- Objective quantitation of focal sweating areas using a mouse sweat-assay model.Bio-Protoc. 2021; 11e4047
- Lichen amyloidosus as a sweat gland/duct‐related disorder: resolution associated with restoration of sweating disturbance.Br. J. Dermatol. 2017; 176: 1308-1315
- Immune- and nonimmune-compartment-specific interferon responses are critical determinants of herpes simplex virus-induced generalized infections and acute liver failure.J. Virol. 2016; 90: 10789-10799
- Rapid cytotoxic T lymphocyte activation occurs in the draining lymph nodes after cutaneous herpes simplex virus infection as a result of early antigen presentation and not the presence of virus.J. Exp. Med. 2002; 195: 651-656
- Reactivation of Simian Varicella Virus in Rhesus Macaques after CD4 T cell depletion.J. Virol. 2019; 93
- Innate immune defects in atopic dermatitis.J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 2006; 118: 202-208
- Pathogenesis and management of Atopic Dermatitis.Curr. Probl. Dermatol. 2011; 41: 125-135
- Predisposing factors and clinical features of eczema herpeticum: a retrospective analysis of 100 cases.J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2003; 49: 198-205
- Selective impairment of Toll-like receptor 2–mediated proinflammatory cytokine production by monocytes from patients with atopic dermatitis.J. Allergy Clin. Immun. 2007; 120: 69-75
- Itch-ASsociated Response Induced by Experimental Dry Skin in Mice.Jpn J. Pharm. 2002; 88: 285-292
- Spontaneous ocular shedding of HSV-1 in latently infected rabbits.Investig. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 1985; 26: 587-590
- A double-blind placebo-controlled study to evaluate valacyclovir alone and with aspirin for asymptomatic HSV-1 DNA shedding in human tears and saliva.Investig. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2009; 50: 5601-5608
- Spontaneous molecular reactivation of herpes simplex virus type 1 latency in mice.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 2002; 99: 978-983
- Rapid in vivo reactivation of herpes simplex virus in latently infected murine ganglionic neurons after transient hyperthermia.J. Virol. 1992; 66: 2150-2156
- Protective effects of moisturizers on topical corticosteroid-induced and age-related eccrine sweating impairment in the murine footpad.J. Dermatol. Sci. 2022;
- Claudin-3 loss causes leakage of sweat from the sweat gland to contribute to the pathogenesis of Atopic Dermatitis.J. Investig. Dermatol. 2018; 138: 1279-1287