- •SPARC expression is upregulated in keloid skin tissues.
- •SPARC promotes the proliferation and migration of keloid fibroblasts.
- •SPARC promotes the collagen production and ECM synthesis in fibroblasts.
- •SPARC inhibits the activation of p53 signaling in fibroblasts.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Keloid research: current status and future directions.Scars Burn Heal. 2019; 5 (Jan-Dec)
- HOXA5 counteracts the function of pathological scar-derived fibroblasts by partially activating p53 signaling.Cell Death Dis. 2021; 12: 020-03323
- A selective small-molecule inhibitor of c-Met suppresses keloid fibroblast growth in vitro and in a mouse model.Sci. Rep. 2021; 11: 021-84982
- Quality of life of patients with keloid and hypertrophic scarring.Arch. Dermatol. Res. 2006; 297: 433-438
- Recent developments in the use of intralesional injections keloid treatment.Arch. Plast. Surg. 2014; 41: 620-629
- Keloids: the paradigm of skin fibrosis - pathomechanisms and treatment.Matrix Biol.: J. Int. Soc. Matrix Biol. 2016; 51: 37-46
- Keloids and hypertrophic scars: a spectrum of clinical challenges.Am. J. Clin. Dermatol. 2016; 17: 201-223
- Osteonectin, a bone-specific protein linking mineral to collagen.Cell. 1981; 26: 99-105
- SPARC induces E-cadherin repression and enhances cell migration through integrin αvβ3 and the transcription factor ZEB1 in prostate cancer cells.Int J. Mol. Sci. 2022; 23
- Activation of the PI3K-AKT signaling pathway by SPARC contributes to the malignant phenotype of cholangiocarcinoma cells.Tissue Cell. 2022; 76: 10
- SPARC/osteonectin in mineralized tissue.Matrix Biol. 2016; 54: 78-87
- The SPARC protein: an overview of its role in lung cancer and pulmonary fibrosis and its potential role in chronic airways disease.Br. J. Pharm. 2017; 174: 3-14
- TGF-β2-mediated ocular hypertension is attenuated in SPARC-null mice.Invest Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2014; 55: 4084-4097
- In vitro analyses of the anti-fibrotic effect of SPARC silencing in human Tenon's fibroblasts: comparisons with mitomycin C.J. Cell Mol. Med. 2012; 16: 1245-1259
- siRNA knockdown of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 in keloid fibroblasts leads to degradation of collagen type I.J. Invest Dermatol. 2014; 134: 818-826
- Molecular dissection of abnormal wound healing processes resulting in keloid disease.Wound Repair Regen. 2010; 18: 139-153
- Human skin keloid fibroblasts display bioenergetics of cancer cells.J. Invest Dermatol. 2008; 128: 702-709
- FK506 inhibits the enhancing effects of transforming growth factor (TGF)-β1 on collagen expression and TGF-β/Smad signalling in keloid fibroblasts: implication for new therapeutic approach.Br. J. Dermatol. 2012; 167: 532-541
- LncRNA HOXA11-AS aggravates keloid progression by the regulation of HOXA11-AS-miR-205-5p-FOXM1 pathway.J. Surg. Res. 2021; 259: 284-295
- Overexpression of RACK1 inhibits collagen synthesis in keloid fibroblasts via inhibition of transforming growth factor-β1/Smad signaling pathway.Int J. Clin. Exp. Med. 2015; 8: 15262-15268
- Treatment of keloids through Runx2 siRNA‑induced inhibition of the PI3K/AKT signaling pathway.Mol. Med Rep. 2021; 23: 17
- Circular RNA hsa_circ_0057452 facilitates keloid progression by targeting the microRNA-1225-3p/AF4/FMR2 family member 4 axis.Bioengineered. 2022; 13: 13815-13828
- Cutaneous wound healing.N. Engl. J. Med. 1999; 341: 738-746
- CCAR2 promotes a malignant phenotype of osteosarcoma through Wnt/β-catenin-dependent transcriptional activation of SPARC.Biochem Biophys. Res Commun. 2021; 580: 67-73
- SPARC promotes pancreatic cancer cell proliferation and migration through autocrine secretion into the extracellular milieu.Oncol. Lett. 2021; 21: 21
- SPARC overexpression promotes liver cancer cell proliferation and tumor growth.Front Mol. Biosci. 2021; 8
- SPARC knockdown attenuated TGF-β1-induced fibrotic effects through Smad2/3 pathways in human pterygium fibroblasts.Arch. Biochem Biophys. 2021; 713: 5
- From genetics to epigenetics: new insights into keloid scarring.Cell Prolif. 2017; 50: 5
- Myofibroblast proliferation and heterogeneity are supported by macrophages during skin repair.Science. 2018; 362
- Mechanisms of pathological scarring: role of myofibroblasts and current developments.Wound Repair Regen. 2011; 19
- Regeneration of dermis: scarring and cells involved.Cells. 2019; 8
- TGF-β1 induces polypyrimidine tract-binding protein to alter fibroblasts proliferation and fibronectin deposition in keloid.Sci. Rep. 2016; 6
- Fibronectin (FN) in hypertrophic scars and keloids.Cell Tissue Res. 1983; 231: 29-37
- The p53 pathway: origins, inactivation in cancer, and emerging therapeutic approaches.Annu Rev. Biochem. 2016; 85: 375-404
- Expression of Bcl-2, p53, c-jun and c-fos protooncogenes in keloids and hypertrophic scars.J. Dermatol. Sci. 1999; 22: 31-37
- Potential molecular mechanisms involved in 5-aminolevulinic acid-based photodynamic therapy against human hypertrophic scars.Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 2015; 136: 715-727
- Mechanical load initiates hypertrophic scar formation through decreased cellular apoptosis.Faseb J. 2007; 21: 3250-3261
- Senescent cardiac fibroblast is critical for cardiac fibrosis after myocardial infarction.PLoS One. 2013; 8
- Macrophages produce TGF-beta-induced (beta-ig-h3) following ingestion of apoptotic cells and regulate MMP14 levels and collagen turnover in fibroblasts.J. Immunol. 2008; 180: 5036-5044