- •Auto intelligences (AI) trained by conventional photo images show less performance.
- •We trained DeepLabv3 + -based CNN segmentation model segmenting skin and lesion area.
- •The CNN segmentation model can generate image datasets suitable for AI diagnosis.
- •AI diagnosis in the CNN-segmented images was better than the original images.
- •Our CNN segmentation model will improve AI classification in skin disease images.
Abbreviations:CAD (computer-aided diagnosis), AD (atopic dermatitis), CNN (convolutional neural network), NSDD (National Skin Disease Database), AI (artificial intelligence), MF (mycosis fungoides), IM (impetigo), HI (herpesvirus infection), AUC (area under the curve)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Ramlakhan, K. and Y. Shang. A Mobile Automated Skin Lesion Classification System. in 2011 IEEE 23rd International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence. 2011.
- DermaKNet: incorporating the knowledge of dermatologists to convolutional neural networks for skin lesion diagnosis.IEEE J. Biomed. Health Inform. 2019; 23: 547-559
- Automated melanoma recognition in dermoscopy images via very deep residual networks.IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging. 2017; 36: 994-1004
- Skin lesion classification using CNNs with patch-based attention and diagnosis-guided loss weighting.IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng. 2020; 67: 495-503
- Attention residual learning for skin lesion classification.IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging. 2019; 38: 2092-2103
- Skin lesion classification using densely connected convolutional networks with attention residual learning.Sens. (Basel, Switz. ). 2020; 20: 7080
- A deep learning system for differential diagnosis of skin diseases.Nat. Med. 2020; 26: 900-908
- Deep learning for diagnostic binary classification of multiple-lesion skin diseases.Front. Med. 2020; 7574329
- Deep neural networks show an equivalent and often superior performance to dermatologists in onychomycosis diagnosis: Automatic construction of onychomycosis datasets by region-based convolutional deep neural network.PLoS One. 2018; 13e0191493
- A Benchmark for Automatic Visual Classification of Clinical Skin Disease Images. in Computer Vision – ECCV 2016.Springer International Publishing, Cham2016
- Systematic review of machine learning for diagnosis and prognosis in dermatology.J. Dermatol. Treat. 2020; 31: 496-510
- Epidemiology of atopic dermatitis in Japan.J. Dermatol. 2014; 41: 200-204
- Antimicrobial peptides in human skin disease.Eur. J. Dermatol. 2008; 18: 11-21
- Administration of oral vitamin D induces cathelicidin production in atopic individuals.J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 2008; 122: 829-831
- Chronological changes of skin eruptions toward cold abscess formation in hyper-immunoglobulin E syndrome.J. Dermatol. 2021; 48: e316-e317
- Cutaneous T-cell lymphoma and atopy: is there an association?.Br. J. Dermatol. 2003; 149: 1013-1017
- Folliculotropic mycosis fungoides associated with atopic dermatitis.Austral J. Dermatol. 2018; 59: e143-e145
- Deep neural network for early image diagnosis of stevens-johnson syndrome/toxic epidermal necrolysis.J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. Pr. 2022; 10: 277-283
- Encoder-Decoder with Atrous Separable Convolution for Semantic Image Segmentation. in Computer Vision – ECCV 2018.Springer International Publishing, Cham2018
Ramlakhan, K. and Y. Shang, A Mobile Automated Skin Lesion Classification System, in 2011 IEEE 23rd International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence. 2011. p. 138–141.
- Diagnostic accuracy of dermoscopy.Lancet Oncol. 2002; 3: 159-165
- Performance of a deep neural network in teledermatology: a single-centre prospective diagnostic study.J. Eur. Acad. Dermatol. Venereol. 2021; 35: 546-553