Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Dermatological Science
- Suppression of ultraviolet light-induced tumour formation by dietary antioxidants.J Invest Dermatol. 1975; 65: 412-414
- Carotenoids affect development of UVB-induced skin cancer.Photochem Photobiol. 1987; 46: 507-509
- A clinical trial of beta carotene to prevent basal-cell and squamous cell cancers of the skin.N Engl J Med. 1990; 323: 789-795
- Carotenoids: functions and fallacies.Proc Nutr Soc. 1994; 53: 77-87
Chopra M, Wilson RL, Thurnham DI. Free radical scavenging ability of lutein in vitro. In: Canfield LM, Krinsky NI, Olson JA, editors. Carotenoids in Human Health. New York: Ann NY Acad Sci, 1993:61–7.
- Inhibition of oxidative injury of biological membranes by astaxanthin.Physiol Chem Phys Med NMR. 1990; 22: 27-38
- Astaxanthin and canthaxanthin are potent antioxidants in a membrane model.Arch Biochem Biophys. 1992; 297: 291-295
- Astaxanthin: antioxidant effects in chicken embryo fibroblasts.Nutr Res. 1995; 15: 1695-1704
- Development of an in vitro cell culture model to investigate the induction and quantification of oxidative stress and its inhibition by α-tocopherol.Toxicol In Vitro. 1994; 8: 67-73
- Modulation of oxidative stress by β-carotene in chicken embryo fibroblasts.Br J Nutr. 1995; 73: 841-850
Wilson AM, Sisk RM, O'Brien MN. Modulation of cholestan-3β,5α,6β-triol toxicity by butylated hydroxytoluene, α-tocopherol and β-carotene in newborn rat kidney cells in vitro. Br J Nutr 1997;78:479–92.
Vassault A. Lactate dehydrogenase. In: Bergmeyer HU, editor. Methods of Enzymatic Analysis. New York: Academic Press, 1983:118–26.
- Tissue fractionation studies. Intracellular distribution of monoamine oxidase, aspartate aminotransferase, alanine aminotransferase, d-amino acid oxidase and catalase in rat liver tissue.Biochem J. 1964; 92: 179-184
- Superoxide dismutase. An enzyme function for erythrocuprein (hemocuprein).J Biol Chem. 1969; 244: 6049-6055
Sheehy PJA, O'Mahony E, O'Sullivan-Corbett K, Salvatella M. Simultaneous determination of retinol, α-, γ- and δ-tocopherol, 6 carotenoids and internal standards in plasma by reverse-phase HPLC. FLAIR Meeting, Montreaux, 1994.
- Diverse carotenoids protect against chemically induced neoplastic transformation.Carcinogene. 1991; 12: 671-678
- Ultraviolet light-induced reductions in plasma carotenoid levels.Am J Clin Nutr. 1988; 47: 879-883
- Beta carotene therapy for erythropoietic protoprophyria and other photosensitivity diseases.Arch Dermatol. 1977; 113: 1229-1232
- Carotenoids affect development of UVB induced skin cancer.Photochem Photobiol. 1987; 46: 507-509
- Effect of β-carotene supplementation on photosuppression of delayed-type hypersensitivity in normal young men.Am J Clin Nutr. 1992; 56: 684-690