Abbreviations:BSO, DL-buthionine-[S,R]-sulfoximine (), MT, metallothionein (), MTT test, 3-(4,5-dimethylthiazol-2-yl)-2,5-diphenyltetrasoliumbromide colorimetric assay (), SBC, sunburn cell (), UVB, ultraviolet light B (), 1,25(OH)2D3, 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 ()
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Effects of a novel Vitamin D analogue MC903 on cell proliferation in vitro and on calcium metabolism in vivo.Biochem Pharmacol. 1988; 37: 889-895
Collins ED, Norman AW. Vitamin D. In: Machlin LJ, editor. Handbook of Vitamins, 2nd ed. New York: Marcel Dekker, 1991:59–98.
- Regulation of terminal differentiation of cultured mouse epidermal cells by 1α,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3.Endocrinology. 1983; 113: 1950-1957
- Possible role of calcitriol induced metallothionein in photoprotection against UVB injury in mouse skin and cultured rat keratinocytes.J Dermatol Sci. 1995; 9: 203-208
Bremner I. Nutritional and physiological significance of metallothionein. In: Riordan JF, Vallee BL, editors. Methods in Enzymology; Metallochemistry, Part B, Metallothionein and Related Molecules, vol. 205. San Diego: Academic Press, 1991:25–35.
- Cd2+ induced synthesis of metallothionein in HeLa cells.Biochem J. 1985; 227: 879-886
- Ultraviolet radiation induced metallothionein-I gene activation is associated with extensive DNA demethylation.Cell. 1983; 35: 207-214
- Induction of mouse metallothionein-1 mRNA by bacterial endotoxin is independent of metals and glucocorticoid hormones.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 1984; 81: 1053-1056
- Metallothioneins. Proteins in search of function.Cell. 1985; 41: 9-10
- Possible role of metallothionein in protection against radiation induced oxidative stress. Kinetics and mechanism of its reaction with superoxide and hyroxyl radicals.Biochim Biophys Acta. 1985; 827: 36-44
- Protective effects of cadmium chloride against UVB injury in mouse skin and in cultured human cells; a possible role of cadmium-induced metallothionein.Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed. 1991; 8: 111-115
- Calcium regulated differentiation of normal human epidermal keratinocytes in chemically defined clonal cultures.J Invest Dermatol. 1983; 81: 33s-40s
- Rapid colorimetric assay for cellular growth and survival: application to proliferation and cytotoxic assays.J Immunol Methods. 1983; 65: 55
- Assay for lipid-peroxides in animal tissues by thiobarbituric acid reaction.Anal Biochem. 1979; 95: 351-358
- The role of superoxide anion in the autoxidation of epinephrine and a simple assay for superoxide dismutase.J Biol Chem. 1972; 247: 3170-3175
Claiborne A. Catalase activity. In: Greenwald RA, editor. CRC Handbook of Methods for Oxygen Radical Research. Florida: CRC Press, 1986:283–284.
Young AR. Chronic effects of ultraviolet radiation on the skin. In: Fitzpatrick TB, Eisen AZ, Wolff K, Freedberg IM, Austen KF, editor. Dermatology in General Medicine, 4th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1993:1658–1660.
Youn JI. Photoprotection in Photomedicine. Seoul: Yeomoongak, 1994:357–370.
- Inactivation of rabbit red blood cell hexokinase activity promoted in vitro by an oxygen radical generating system.Arch Biochem Biophys. 1994; 311: 160-167
Jackson SM, Elias PM. Skin as an organ of protection. In: Fitzpatrick TB, Eisen AZ, Wolff K, Freedberg IM, Austen KF, editors. Dermatology in General Medicine, 4th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1993:241–253.
- Regulation of metallothionein gene expression by a 1α,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 in cultured cells and in mice.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 1987; 84: 8810-8813
- Role of oxygen intermediates in UV-induced epidermal cell injury.J Invest Dermatol. 1984; 83: 166-168
- Effect of hypoxia on sunburn cell formation and inflammation induced by ultraviolet radiation.Photodermatology. 1988; 5: 252-256
- Glutathione is the antioxidant responsible for resistance to oxidative stress in V79 chinese hamster fibroblasts rendered resistant to cadmium.Chem Biol Interact. 1992; 82: 99-110
- Photoprotective effect of vitamin D3 upon skin photoreaction to UVA and UVB.Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed. 1997; 13: 109-114